Monday, April 18, 2011

Still Life.

My very first canvas. I can't draw for toffee so thought it high time I took myself off to learn how to. I went to Art class last Thursday and we were given a blank canvas and a picture of an apple to copy. This is the result. Not bad. At least it does look like an apple! (I'd show you the authentic water mark on the back but the canvas is still drying out.) Next lesson is a lake against blue skye with the reflection of the water showing at the bottom of the canvas. No pressure there then!! Tate gallery here I come. I'm entering this on 1st Unique Gifts. " Handmade Monday " where you can see lots of other projects being show cased. Pop on over for a real treat. My little teacup and saucer made the top five over at Funky Hand. last week.

18 comments:

Sherry said...

You can't draw? You can paint!!! It's brilliant, I love the shine on it, can almost see your reflection in it it's so realistic.

Unknown said...

It looks like an apple, it is an apple!

I wish I couldn't draw, too...

Susie said...

I am just so impressed I don't think I can describe. And to think I am actually thinking I can sew. This is just amazing. It doesn't *look* like an apple... It IS an apple! BRAVO! :)

Faye said...

OMG, this is really rather good. I am so proud of you. Gonna eat an apple now. xxx

Jan said...

WOW! Another talent to your bow..... BRILLIANT!

Ali said...

Thought you said you couldnt draw - lol!! That is brilliant for a first attempt - well done!!

Wendy said...

Actually, I think you *can* draw. Maybe your next lesson should just be one in self confidence! :-)

Thanks for sharing - it's fab. And thanks for taking part in HM x

Ali said...

That is a great painting! No more 'I can't draw' stuff from you...

Ali x

cj- catmumdo said...

Well done! Can't wait to see the next one :)

Jo in TAS said...

I think your apple looks delicious! Looking forward to seeing your next art work!!

Craft and Activities for All Ages said...

Not bad Mrs A! Looking forward to watching out for more - seems you have a talent for it! Nancy

Carolee Crafts said...

You can draw and paint, so long since I did my A level, oops that ages me as don't think they do these anymore, keep up the good work but warning can be addictive.

Kat Shenton said...

Great work! And by the looks of things, you can draw so you have no issue, or shouldn't have, with the sky vs. lake piccy!

Zue said...

It is so fantastic...the hidden artist; that you did not realise you were, coming out to surprise you. I am not surprised. Just incredible.. Can't wait for the next one.

Sue xx

Jan said...

That's great, I would never have known it was your first attempt if you hadn't said. I like the way it sits firmly on the shadow. Well done.

Jan x

Little Harriet said...

Wow! you *can* draw! you have a real talent for it, you ll have to post your next lessons work :)

June said...

Its a great drawing - and the painting just speaks to you!

PuppyFly Boutique said...

That's beautiful - looking forward to next weeks :)