Friday, January 13, 2012

Birthday Wish.

A friend rang me at 8.30pm on Tuesday evening and said that she had just seen on face book that it was a mutual friends Birthday (whom we were both seeing for a coffee the following day) so could I do a card to give to her then? Nothing for it but to bite the bullet get over the 'C' word and make a card.
It needed to be quick, simple and from my stash. I had these coordinating Nit Wit papers left over from making a tag book for a swap (which is still in transit to USA so can't show yet) and by turning the double sided paper over I had enough patterns to cut out twelve 1" shapes using my Xcut nesties in the 'Ornate Frame' die. My alphabet stamps came into play to spell out the sentiment "Birthday Wish" The card blank was then very roughly stitched into squares using green thread and pink embroidery thread woven through the outside edge and tied at the top in a bow. Paper shapes were then glued in place.
Fluff had asked me what my new theme was going to be for this year( last yr was a butterfly) that I would attach to every craft item I made to give away. Well I can now reveal that it will be a handmade shrink plastic heart button. You can see a pink/green candy stripe one on the front of this card. Some will not be as obvious as this so it will be up to you to spot them ( a bit like Where's Wally!!!). You never know I might even offer a little candy for the eagle eyed amongst you.
A simple verse added inside and bobs your uncle all done and as all the shops were shut I can safely say
So without further ado I am entering into the following challenges:
Dream Valley: Anything Goes.
Gingerloft: Anything Goes.
Aud Sentiments: Any sentiment but use scraps.
Paper Play challenges: In stitches.
The Poodle Parlour: Button up. ( As long as your creation has a button on it somehwere.)

19 comments:

Margreet said...

What a gorgeous quick card Mrs. A....with your permission I will case it once...hope your arm is doing well??....wishing you a wonderful weekend!
xxx Margreet

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Clever Mrs A. great work! and you expect us to remember the button hunt? .. mm we will see - no promises now. Shaz in oz.x

Faye said...

This birthday card is totally faberoony! Well done you. :) xxx

CuddlyBunny said...

Love the shrinky hearts idea, and this card particularly is fantastic! In fact, I might have to borrow your awesome design!

Happy birthday to your lucky friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh so fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft!
Hugs,
Karen C (Gingerloft DT)

karen said...

Your card is fabulous! Amazing that you came up with something so wonderful under the gun like that! I love that you have a "theme" for the whole year! I look forward to spotting the shrink plastic hearts!
xoxo Karen

Di said...

See, I can't even leave a comment here in my own right! But 'bootoms up' to you too -and thanks for the laugh. Di xx

Di said...

Err, meant to type bottoms. What happened here 0ooer.....hic :) Di xx

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

OMG, what is going on -one single little commment got posted THREE extra times :)) Better than none at all I suppose :)) Double hic!! Di xxx

Janette said...

I think this is just brilliant, fab card, thanks for sharing it with us at Dream Valley.xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is fabulous, I like the pretty cut out papers and stitching a lot, the design is great.

I'm looking forward to spot the heart buttons.

Have a great Sunday evening!

Warm hugs
Maarit

San @ Made in Hem said...

Just hopping by to cheer on you for Using It Up! Yay!
I think it's a wonderful card you made! ♥

Sunshine Girl said...

Love your idea of having a theme for the item you include on your artwork - I usually add something but its usually what I have to hand (apart from when I was pregnant when it was always a pregnant lady stamp somewhere or on the back if it didnt fit with the theme) - might try going for a theme myself now! Like the quick card :)

Michelle B. said...

What a cool card, so creative! Love the stitching and all the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!

deesdesigns said...

Love you added the sentiment to the blocks - very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us for our "Use Your Scraps" challenge at Aud Sentiments. Good Luck and I hope you'll be able to join us for our new challenge on the 19th!

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card ... bet your friend loved it! Thanks for playing along with us at Dream Valley - hope to see you again!
Lynne :o)