Thursday, June 26, 2014

Believe.

 
My Butterfly Challenge has another week to run
and the current theme is Monochromatic.
I had a picture that I'd painted when I first started oil painting
but never really liked it so I decided to repaint over it
and make this wall Plaque instead. 
 
I painted over the original picture using
tester pots in two shades of  purple.
On the bottom third I added some drops of deep purple to the second colour
to make the darkest shade.
Whilst the canvas was still wet I laid some bubble wrap over the top and pressed down
to create a textured finish.
I used Penny Black's 'Delicate Wings 'die
to cut 4 base butterflies from white card
which I glued together  and then used the deep purple to paint over.
Attached to canvas using 3d sticky pad tape
Sentiment was created in word using 'Informal Roman' text
and colouring both the wording and background on the computer.
Printed onto paper and then glued onto a scrap of card and cut into the fish tail banner.
Pearls from my stash.
Hope this gives you some inspiration for joining in my challenge.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #130  Use your snippets. (reused canvas. odds of white card).
Use Your Stuff #141 Texture.
Through the Craft Room Door # Anything goes.
Rhedd and Rosie's #35 Anything goes.
Crafty Creations #266 Things with wings.
The Sister hood Of Crafters #  For the love of monochromatic.
Incy Wincy Designs # Things with wings.
Dream Valley #84 Monochrome.
 

21 comments:

rachel said...

super work Valery - lovely colours xx

Sarn said...

Terrific wall plaque Mrs A. Well done for saving you first attempt and giving it another go!

xxx

Zoe said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Unknown said...

great card. Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Kathleen said...

Fabulous background and colours.

Kath x

Sandra H said...

Ooooh Mrs A l like your Butterfly and the colouring is stunning again you have created a beautiful card hope your feeling more x

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Mrs. A! That monochromatic background is just gorgeous & I love the butterfly die--need to get mine out & use it!

Di said...

Great up cycling Mrs A! Me like - lots.

Hugs

Di xx

Unknown said...

lovely card. good luck from incy wincy
Lynne DT

Donna Ellis said...

How clever to repurpose a canvas like that, Mrs. A. And I really like the color choices and dimension! wonderful home decor! hugs, de

scrappymo! said...

Your canvas is wonderful. So perfect for this challenge but perfect to hang on the wall too!
It looks so pretty and full of flight.

Darlene said...

Purple is my favorite color so this creation really caught my eye! Great redo job too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘MONOCHROMATIC’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Love butterflies and love lilac so its a winner for me.
Nice to have you blogging again.
Take care.
Ang x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely colours Mrs A.xxxThe Journey is the Start

Anonymous said...

Fabulous textures and a wonderful monochromatic color scheme. I really love your project. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff this week.
Tammy DT

Pillan said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges!
/Pillan

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card, Mrs A! I love it very much! gorgeous colours and texture

Sherry said...

Great texture and one of my favourite colours too. Yes, you inspired me!

I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow, hope all goes well xxxxx

Cara said...

How fun Mrs A! Great job re purposing! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a soft and pretty canvas!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, perfect for our 'Things with wings' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges. Love this texture. Thank you for joining us and please come back tomorrow for a brand new challenge!
Hugs,
Anna xxx