Thursday, July 03, 2014

One Layer Butterfly.

 
Some words to go with the pictures.
Don't think I have managed to schedule a post before with no words!!!
Again I made this card to showcase my New Butterfly challenge.
One layer Only.
to help give you a few ideas.
 
I used  Spellbinders 3D Embossing folder
'Tiger lilies E3D-015
to emboss a sheet of cream card stock which I folded in half to create the card.
Sentiment is by Hero Arts.


The butterfly is by Indigo Blu
and stamped straight onto the card using Stazon ink.
I painted the wings using  distress ink 'Wild Homey'
using a small paint brush to scoop the ink up from an acrylic block
which I had stamped the ink onto and spritzed with water.
Once dry I added in the 2 other colours using Promarkers
Peach and Duck egg blue.
 
I couldn't quite believe it when I had finished the card
I had managed to get a blob of Stazon ink on the  embossed panel !!
So this is actually the second card made !
I have salvaged bits from the first card and will show another time
when thinking straight.

 

8 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW Mrs A, absolutely gorgeous.
Debbiex

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful. Love how the colourful butterfly pops against the rest of the design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, such a beautiful image and I love the embossing.
hugs Sue xx

Sandra H said...

This Mrs A is another of your stunning makes......Simply gorgeous is the embossed backing and beautiful butterfly xx

Kathleen said...

Great colour and love the embossing folder.
Kath x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love the colours on the flutterby x

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful butterfly! And that embossing is so elegant! I hope to get time to play this time.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning, love the embossing folder, I really want to get to this challenge...time..need more time in the day.xxx


The Journey is the Start