Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Two Trees.

Time once again for the girls in the 
Christmas Card Club to show our makes.
The theme was chosen by Granmargaret and is
Embossing Wet or Dry.
I decided to go with Dry embossing
mainly because I had an EF already out on my desk!
This one is called 'Starry Night'
and  came free with Making Cards Magazine.

I had a quick look through my pile of used cards
and found two tree  that were fairly CAS
and would work with what I had in mind.

The first one is actually on a blue background
but my camera is playing funny tricks again
and it looks more white than anything.
I trimmed the card front down to size
and ran through the EF.
The simple tree design shows up well.
In fact I think it looks more like it is snowing!
The base card is made from black cardstock.
I had a small piece of the front left over so 
used it along the bottom to place the wording on.
The sentiment is a black sticker with some
matching black stars.
I used blue card stock for the inside of the card 
with more of the same black stickers.


The second card I used had quite an abstract
tree design which i simply trimmed down
and backed with a matching piece of gold
cardstock which I ran through the EF.
I then adhered to gold mirror card.The base card is made 
from the gold cardstock.

Sentiment is a gold Sticker.
I used more gold mirror card inside
and used another piece of cardstock 
that I ran through the EF. 

Two more  to add to my growing pile of Christmas Cards.
I hate to say it but Christmas is not that far away!
Entering into the following challenges:
12 Months Of Christmas #9 Oh Christmas Tree. 
Crafty Hazelnuts Extra #67 Anything goes.
Sparkles Christmas # Oh Christmas Tree.

24 comments:

MaryH said...

Am loving your 'two-fers'. You always make something that is lovely, from something else. Amazing. I like both of these, but really like the effect over the embossing over that pretty tree. Love that modern tree on #2 in all it's gold glory. TFS & Hugs. Rest up from your trip.

dutchess said...

great cards Valery...clever up cycling .second card is my favorite...love that abstract tree xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Valery these are beautiful Christmas designs, both also very elegant.
{I would love you to take part in my 1,100 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Jane Willis said...

Morning Mrs A - visiting you wearing my "Sparkles Christmas" hat today! Two gorgeous cards - and I love that embossing folder. That's a magazine freebie that must have passed me by - unusual as I generally watch them like a hawk for useful ones!
Jane

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
2 wonderfully created cards, and great embossing folders used too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarn said...

Both terrific. I especially like the second one.

No need to snitch on me in the playground . . . Miss already has sneaky suspicions! I've posted lookouts . . . it'll be ok!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two lovely cards Mrs A with a fabulous embossing folder too. Both very shimmery and gorgeous.
Lorraine

Di said...

Two wonderful cards there Mrs A! Love the EF you used too. I think Christmas is gonna come at a gallop all of a sudden this year!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

Two gorgeous cards Valery Anne love the dry embossing.

Hugs Diane

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your tree cards are gorgeous! I love the metallic paper. Beautiful embossing!

KandA said...

Two super cards Mrs A and a wonderful embossed background xx

Cazro said...

Hi Two super interesting cards. Loving the embossing folder used. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Caz DT

Jacee said...

Two fabulous festive cards, lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

super work Valery - I'm running late with mine - hoping to make it up tonight! Hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, what fabulous cards with that lovely EFolder.
You are certainly the queen of upcyclying, your designs are wonderful and just perfect for this challenge, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Oh don't remeind me Mrs A.....Not thinking about Chrismas just yet although your cards are so lovely nice too that your recycled and got such beautiful results take care x

Sally H said...

wow, wow, wow! Two wonderful cards, Mrs A! Gorgeous!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful both your cards, Mrs A! I LOVE expecially the first one with the embossing on the tree recicled image, it seems really like it is snowing, fabulous effect!

Kathleen said...

Two great cards and love that EF and two lovely trees.

Kath x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Valery... Both Stunning....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous cards Valery. Love the colour combos and I like the tree peeking through the snow on the first. Zx

Unknown said...

Lovely the cards, the colours are great and so elegant.
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
– My personal Blog!

Sandra H said...

These are just the cutest cards ever and just perfect for our challenge over at “ Sparkles Christmas Challenge " Oh Christmas Tree“ good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x