Thursday, November 10, 2011

Easy Peasy!

After the last two calendar pages I found this weeks September Calendar page over at The Craft Barn a nice easy one to do. The Theme was 'Back to School' using an old paper colour and red lines.
I made my white sheet of paper look as it it had fallen in a dirty puddle of water in the playground by inking my non stick craft sheet with 'Antique Linen' distress ink and adding water via a paint brush , mixing all around and quickly laying my paper down in it. The leaves were stamped and then cut out and the same technique used as above by mixing 'Wild Honey', ''Spiced Marmalade' and 'Fired Brick' onto my sheet and laying the leaves down to achieve an autumn fallen leaves effect. (September to me was always shuffling through the leaves on the pavements on the way to school).
The days of the month were ruled up using red pencil. I then found this cute boy and girl stamp in my stash and a retro schools theme emerged. Also found in my stash an old school exercise book which has price of 3d old money on the front and the standard 'Useful Information' sheet printed on the back. Unfortunately the book cover is blue which did not photo copy up light enough to use so I re did some of the tables in word and printed out. I can hardly believe that we had to learn all these tables and measurements by heart . Wonder if anyone else of a certain age group remembers them!!!!
Randomly stamped the boy and girl over the days and coloured in using pencils to complete the look.

15 comments:

Annie said...

Fab Sept page. I'm sure your boys would have helped 'mess' things up for you if you'd asked :-)
A x

Sherry said...

What a lovely calendar page and it sounds as though you enjoyed making it too. I remember those excercise books - and covering them with with either sticky back plastic, wallpaper or pages from teen magazines. I remember Donny Osmond, David Cassidy and Starsky & Hutch featuring on mine!

laury55 said...

the sheet of paper is lovely, great idea to combine it with the September calender page

Scrapmate said...

A great page.

Sunshine Girl said...

Very nice! thanks for your comments on my blog - my quilt is coming along really nicely now (am taking DS1 to tennis in a min so will do a bit more whilst watching him there too!) and I also bought some baby wool last night for an imminent arrival at school and am half way through that too - seem to be more into sewing and knitting than scrapping at the moment - your grandchildren will love the little toothfairy envelopes - I feel a bit sorry for DS1 as his were always plain but then I also feel a bit sorry for DS2 as he is now 7 and not lost a tooth yet (he is desperate for them to fall out!) - bless them! My envelopes are a bit plain as I didnt want to put a label or tag on them as they will be placed under pillows but I was going to get the tooth owner to write on the envelope "To the tooth fairy from...." which no doubt means I will end up keeping these envelopes as little pieces of memories to treasure and add to my clutter! Have a great week :)

Createology said...

How fun to make a calendar page and be ready for the new year. It will be here before I am ready. Blissful creating...

Doreen said...

What a fabulous page I love the leaves down the side,and the children back to School.xxx

Maggie said...

Great calender page I was hoping to join this challenge.... only 2 to go now....perhaps I can just make it!!!

Maggie

Donna said...

Hi Mrs A, you are doing a fab job on your calendar pages and this one is no exception, brilliant design on this page :) Donna x

Lori Comeau said...

Great job on your Sept calendar page. The leaves are a great touch.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Craftyfield said...

Nice background,nice stamped images and genious touches with the tables and the leaves!

Faye said...

I know all my timestables right up to the twos! Pah. Another gorgeous page. This calendar is gonna look fab. xxx

Bunty said...

Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog. I'm one of your Button Floozies swap partners - nice to meet you. Hope to finish my ornaments off this week ready for 28th.

Barbara

Jenni's Jems said...

Hee he yes I remember reciting the tables at school and praying that I got picked to go no higher than the 5 times one great page by the way x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful calendar!! love how you did the days on the leaves. Very clever
thanks for playing
Isa