Friday, October 11, 2013

Larkspur.

I'm having to post and comment in stops and starts at the moment as I have redone my back and hip in. Fortunately I'm within 3 months of my last hospital visit so have been able to get back onto the  Acupuncture programme  without having to re go through my GP and the referral system all again. The bad news is that the earliest appointment I can have is in 10 days time so until then I am having to suffice with a hot bean bag wrapped around  my hip which is at least enabling me to get about if not gad about. It's not so much the Hunch back of Notre Dame more like the  Punch bag of Notre Dame! To cap it all The Doc has managed to slice a sliver off his finger with the bread knife and is now nursing a bandaged finger. Wimpy not wishing to be left out of anything is on antibiotics as his last blood test for his Thyroid  problem showed he had no white blood cells which is not a good thing. 
I managed to make this card earlier in the week for my Mum. She will be 94yrs old in a few weeks time and I wanted to get it made in plenty of time. The picture is a painting I did at my paint class when I first started over 2 years ago. I have never liked the canvas and after having been hung on the craft room wall for a bit I put it away. I resurrected it the other day as I had an idea to photograph it and scan into the computer where I played around with resizing it and then printing out on 150gsm white card stock. The result I think gives a nice background to use instead of design paper. The blue/white  stripe base is actually part of a cardboard custard tart box that I recycled.  The other yellow papers are freebies from a magazine but I did not make a note on the back from which one. The Larkspur flower has been  created using off cuts of 3 different colour blue pieces of card stock to give the different colours on the flower stem and the leaves are the nearest die I had to looking like the proper larkspur leaves and were a snippet of white card coloured using  a distress marker pen. All attached to a cut down pipe cleaner which I dyed using a bottle of green re inker. Frame has been die cut from cream cardstock.

Flower stem  made using Memory Box 'Fancy blossoms 98312'
Crealies Creative leaf shapes 'CL CS 16'
Fame die cut using Spellbinders 'Majestic Elements'
Yellow bow from stash.
 
 Inside of card  left blank for the greeting sheet to be attached later and signed..
 
Entering into the following challenges:
The Crafty Laydee: Fabulous Floral. Make a project with a flower on it.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #93:  Use your snippets.
Artistic inspirations #62: Make it girly.
Make It Monday #161: Paper crafts.
Use It Tuesday #65: Scrap pieces odds and ends.
Top Tip Tuesday #111: Flowers.
The Crafter Bloggers Network  #16: Anything goes.
 
 
 
 
 


31 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card design.

Hugs Diane

Merry said...

I hope you and the doc are feeling much better soon. How terrific that your Mum is celebrating 94 years and such a lovely card you have created. Terrific idea using your own art work as the image and love the matching flower. Take care.

MaryH said...

Oh my, even though I enjoyed your card (and reading how you made it very much!) - am so sorry to hear you are hurting. That hip pain is not fun to have. Hope the acupuncture will do the trick (helps DD's oldest dog's arthritis a lot). And poor DH, slicing his finger. You guys are really suffering here. Can't have that!!! As to the robot floor washer, here I am the floor cleaner. (DH is the floor dirtier...but never sees anything he spills). I think it worked pretty well. Only used plain water in the reservoir. Need to see what it does with the 'cleaning stuff' in it. The sales person sold me the wrong solution. Good thing I called the C.Service # in the instruction book. Just had a 'feeling' - perhaps I ought to ask for some tips. Good thing, what they sold me would have damaged the robot. Hope you both get on the mend very quickly. Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful card Mrs A. Those hand made larkspur blossoms are gorgeous beside your hand drawn art. Your Mum will love thiw!

Your poor thing...you sound so sore!
Have you tried alternating the heat and ice five times...start and end with the ice...5 min each.

That is what physio did for me when I first herniated my disc when we hit the deer. It did help distract from the pain a bit.

Could you try some deep tissue massage...that always helped me a bit too...guess the doc is out of kilter for a masseuse...lol

Take care and hope you get some relief from the pain soon.

Di said...

Oh my giddy Aunt - I turn away for five minutes and you're all in the wars! None of it sounds at all pleasant - and back and hip pain is the very worst thing to cope with :(

Well done on managing to make your Mum's Birthday card though Mrs A - 94 is a great age, She's sure to love it, especially the way you made the larkspur - you ingenious little crafter! :)

Gentle hugs, Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Smashing post Mrs A. pray you are soon on the mend..sounds very painful!!
An interesting method you are trying am sure mum will love here card!
Blogging a bit now, have missed you all! Shaz in Oz.x

Margreet said...

Congrats on your mother, you made a beautiful card for her.
Too bad to hear about your hip and back problems, good luck. 15 Years ago my hubby cut through the tendons of his little finger and had to go through plastic surgery. After 8 weeks of not using the finger it has recovered, although it stayed a little bit bended. Wishing you both a good recovery and a wonderful weekend!
xxx Margreet

Anonymous said...

Beautiful MrsA :)
Your Mom is sure to love this card-such pretty blooms,and I like how you have added the 3D one at the side too.
Hope you will get some relief from your pain soon-fingers crossed for you :)What's that you say-can't get your leg over the Playground gates? No worries-I'll bring my tramp-oline :) :) Boiing...Boiing..!!
Hugs,Nessa xxx

Zue said...

I really like your painting and it does make a fabulous paper backdrop.
Xx

Cathy said...

Your art work makes a gorgeous card Mrs A. and the handmade flower is genius!
Sorry to hear that you're not well. You both sound like you are in a lot of pain! I hope the time passes quickly before your acupuncture appointment. (Mind you that doesn't sound pain free to me either). Take care :) Cathy x

Kathleen said...

Wonderful card, the painting is lovely.

Kath x

Zue said...

It would be a clever cat to catch a bat!
:)
Xxxxxxx

Brenda in IN said...

This is awesome. Both your painting and the flower you made. Your mom will love it. How fantastic she is 94! Hope you and Doc will be better soon.

Blossom Cards said...

I love your card and all the hard work that has gone into it your mum will love it I hope you feel better soon thanks for sharing with use it tuesday Rachel DT

fiona mctiernan walker said...

A lovely creation thank you for joining our challenge this week at Artistic Inspirations Good luck Fiona dt. x

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Karen Petitt said...

Mrs A this is wonderful! I love larkspurs anyway, they are such a lovely combination of blues and purples that they are one of my favourite flowers.
Your painting is beautiful and what a lovely way to use your art. Sending you all get well wishes and I really hope your pain eases huni - sounds sore at the very least xx

Monika Reeck said...

Mrs A this is really beautiful I love the soft color on the main Image and I love how you arrange it...beautifully done


I see your card on Make It Monday..my card is no 178 if you would like to see it on my blog and if you could leave me some love I would be so glad...

Donna said...

Gosh Mrs A, this card is really pretty and reminds me of the lovely summer just gone by! So beautiful the way you have mimicked the larkspur up the side...such a celver and pretty idea :) Donna ♥ x

PS: The doodled border on my LMM card is a digi overlay...the link is at the bottom of my post.

Unknown said...

purely gorgeous & classy, well done you. good luck with our challenges over on artitstic inspirations x

ScrappyGoodness said...

Love your painting! It is really beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday.

Createology said...

This is stunning and the effect of the 3D Larkspur is amazing. Creative Bliss Dear...

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Kelly D said...

What a lovely card, so sorry to hear you are having problems with your back and hip, hope it gets better soon.
Thanks for joining us this for this months challenge of anything goes over at Crafty Bloggers Network
Crafty Hugs
Kelly- DT
xxx

Bonnie said...

These are such pretty flowers and I'm sure your Mum will love this card! Sorry about your injury. I hope you're not in too much pain!

Christine said...

Sorry to hear about your hip and back pains. I know it can make you so miserable but you have a magic solution.... concentrate on your creativity and you will recover soon. Our mind is a funny thing and things we focus on is what is in the foreground, with practice you can put the pain out of your mind at least for a while.

The flowers look glorious and I'm sure mum will adore it.

http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

kay said...

Your card is gorgeous,hope you are in not too much pain x

kay said...

Your card is gorgeous,hope you are in not too much pain x

Darnell said...

So much to cover, my friend. First and foremost, I send my sympathies for your body aches! I hope you've been very tender with yourself as the days are passing until you can get treatment to put things back in where they belong.

I'm also sorry to hear about Dr. A and his missing finger sliver and lost white blood cells! That's a hell of a mess to be in!!

And then we have the Matriarch turning a fab 94 and your stunning card made for her using your very own original brilliant painting! How very cool is that?!!

Take care, please. (Loved the jigsaw page I saw on the way in, too! I can see that none of these ruts in the road have messed up your cleverness!) Hugs, Darnell

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Bunch of invalids! I can't think why you don't like this canvas, other than it's not pink, as it's beautiful and has made a beautiful card too. I am sure Nan will love it. I like that the inside matches x

Hettie said...

Do you think we should have a "Crocks Corner" at the Playground?
Great card and wonderful painting. You clever girl you!
Hugs
xx