Monday, December 16, 2013

7 Swans Swimming

Day 7 of my 12 days  of Christmas challenge to myself. I looked at loads of Swan images but I particularly like this one that I have chosen to use. It comes pre coloured and the set comes with several images and two digi papers in the price so I felt it to be a good bargain.
The card is not how it started out.! It sort of evolved along the way so with no more delay I give you:

On  the Seventh Day of Christmas  my True love gave to me Seven Swans a Swimming.


Image is by www.countrylifegraphics.com and can be found here.
I printed the swan and the backing paper off in 2 different sizes.
Trellis die cut is by Tonic and part of the Indulgence Soiree set of dies.
Red and green card stock from stash along with red gems.
Flowers came in a swap from USA a while back.
Sentiments printed off in word.
Scallop circle dies by Sizzix 657552.
7 is part of the Britannic  die number set.
With a little sprinkling of Glamour Dust to finish.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles #202: Christmas colours.
Artistic Inspirations #72: Anything goes.
Creative  Inspirations #244: Traditional Christmas colours.
Brown sugar #72: Christmas.
Cut it Up challenge #34: Christmas.
Wags 'n Whiskers #119: Christmas.
C is for Challenge #12: Traditional Christmas colours 9white,red, green).
Glitter 'n' Sparkle #63: Red and green.
My time to Craft #227: Christmas birds.
Dream Valley #72: Christmas.


25 comments:

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Go you! Specially love the trellis ans the swans around the edge too xxx

Createology said...

Your 12 days of Christmas cards are really coming to life. Each day you totally meet your challenge. Fabulous dear...

Sherry said...

LOL - I've just been looking through your last few posts and have a good old chuckle! Beautiful cards all of them.

Thanks for mine which arrived yesterday, it IS absolutely perfect in every way - love it xxx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,fabulous image and papers.xxx

Hettie said...

Lovely card there Mrs A.
Now then, down to business...when does the camel arrive and where are we going to put it now that the bike shed has burnt down? Has Miss got a shed we could use? I doubt she goes in there as it isn't pink!
Operation Nativity MUST get moving as we only have a week to practice and perform it.
xx

Kitt said...

Beautiful card and great challenge for yourself. Thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations. Good Luck.

Brenda in IN said...

Another great card for 12 days. This is so cool to see the song coming to life and much more fun.

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A........Oooooh what a fantastic card to add to your list your doing so well and all of the cards are so adorable xx

Migdalia said...

A beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Kathleen said...

Hope these are not in your bath as I didn't notice a pond in your garden when you did that fabulous replica of your garden lol.
I am just loving these cards that you are doing for this challenge.

Kath x

Zue said...

Very regal swans and a fab composition.
Sue xxx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

How cool that you set a challenge for yourself. Lucky for us that it matched our challenge at Cut it Up. I love how the swans are swimming around the central image.

Thanks for entering our Christmas Challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Amanda Makes said...

Hi Mrs A! Thank you for stopping by! Your 12 Days of Christmas cards are fab. You are very clever. I'm a bit worried about the card you've sent to the salon for me as I don't go there any more. One of my frienda went to pick up my mail a few weeks ago and Keri told her she'd put it in the rubbish. I'm praying that she wouldn't do that to your card! I hope you have a very merry Christmas Mrs A! Xxxx

Susanne Vargas said...

What a fun challenge! Love your commentaries! Btw, just welcomed you on my blog! And became a follower of yours!
Hugs,
Susanne

Jo said...

Brilliant concept. Love the swans. Awesome.

Thanks for playing along at MTTC this week.

Jo :)

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a nice card...love the colours and the flowers you added. Very lovely indeed.

Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Unknown said...

I like how you did the swans wings, and your flowers are beautiful. Great colors and layout. Thanks for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle.

scrappymo! said...

Great idea to get them all on the same page! You are doing so well with your personal challenge to finish these!

cm said...

Oh, these swans are lovely! We don't seen them where I live (unless we visit a zoo), so seeing them here - and showcased in such a charming fashion - is a real treat! Gorgeous!
c

Bonnie said...

Love the swans and that lattice behind them! More than half way there!

Greta said...

Creative & so lovely!

Merry said...

So wonderful, I love seeing how you have incorporated all these images in your cards. :-)

Norhalma said...

I love your theme, you're so creative! Thank you for sharing your work and playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

This is such an unusual card, love your creativity. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Lovely card love the swans thankyou for joining our challenge at artistic inspirations good luck fiona dt. x