Saturday, November 05, 2016

Mug Swap Reveal.

Back in September I joined Stephanie's of The Enchanted Rose
A total of 192 ladies across the world joined in the fun with parcels being sent and received. It is now time for  the big reveal and I can show you the mug and goodies that I sent to my Partner Eva in Spain and the parcel I received back from Barbara in Cornwall England.

I first  joined in this swap back in March on the 8th Tea Cup exchange but  this time I elected to swap a Mug with my partner.  
This is the collection that I sent to Eva in Elche Spain . The information that I was given to work with was that Eva loves fruit infusions, espresso coffee , is romantic and likes vintage  style.  I had seen a very pretty mug which I thought Eva would like so I based the items that I sent her around the colour of the mug. 



Vanilla and chamomile  infused tea bags . The little glass kilner jar (decorated with lace )is filled with  Percol 'Black & Beyond '  Espresso Dark and intense coffee. I made a patchwork mug rug and used the same blue vintage lace to decorate it with . The mug has delicate small blue flowers and little blue butterflies adorning it  The small tea pot I painted pale blue and decorated with sprigs of tiny embroidered flowers as I had seen from  Eva's blog that she likes and collects miniatures. 

I enclosed a card which has a pre coloured image of tea cups on it by Hunkydory from their Little Book of Shimmer Designs. Front is my signature acetate decorated with silver stickers and pre made cream roses from my stash.


Here is what I received back from Barbara in Truro Cornwall. A delightfully decorated Butterfly box filled with gorgeous goodies.  Costa Cafetiere coffee , a little bag stuffed full of old lace and ribbons and embellishments , a lovely fragrant lavender mesh bag  and .............. 


this very beautiful rose bone china mug that tea tastes divine in (The doc makes my evening cuppa in it)  and this little book of quotes which certainly is a gift of happiness. Thankyou Barbara.

Lastly here is the card I made and sent to Barbara to say thank you for my lovely parcel.
The image is a digi stack of cups by 'Beyond The Fringe' and is a Freebie on their site. I have paper pieced each cup with a different complementary paper and coloured the cup handles with a matching promarker pen.  Front of card is y signature acetate decorated again with stickers and ready made pink flowers from my stash.
I'm off to the NEC tomorrow with strict instructions from Miss Di to keep away from a certain stall that I managed to nearly demolish on our last outing together and to not touch the soap dispensers in the ladies. I will keep you posted or better still just watch the ten o'clock news!! 


Hugs

Linking up to :  The 9th Teacup and Mug reveal

24 comments:

Createology said...

This is a wonderful swap and lots of treasures sent and received. A China mug is lovely for tea sipping. I am sipping some sweet cinnamon tea right now.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You received a gorgeous mug with the pink rose and buds on it and the book of quotes will be nice to read while sipping tea.

Stephanie said...

Hello, sweet ValeryAnne! I am so thankful you decided to join the exchange once again and what a blessing to see the treasures you sent and received. What you sent to Eva was truly beautiful and I know from an email she sent that she was very thankful for your thoughtfulness.

The gift you received from Barbara are simply delightful! I just LOVE the mug and my, what a pretty little rose! The book of quotes will be such a joy to read.

Hugs to you!

Margreet said...

Wow, I'm impressed Mrs A...you're such an artist...love your patchwork and the blue little teapot with the mini flowers....your card is beautiful...shortly I find it awesome!
The gift you received is fantastic too!
When you've got some time, will you please take a look at my blog? Then you can see Harry has got a new friend!
Enjoy the NEC!
xxx Margreet

Kath said...

A fabulous swap. Lovely items, both the set you sent and the one you received.
Kath x

Sandra H said...

Morning Mrs A.......wow what a fab swap! stunning cards and the colours used are gorgeous l really like the blue one with all of the wonderful textures used, both cards are really pretty enjoy your day xx

Margo said...

Oh how lovely this is ! The little quilt is just stunning and the book you received is so sweet !
Enjoy your day !
Greetz
Margo

Brenda in IN said...

Your gift to Eva is so lovely. The teacup is so pretty and that mug rug is just gorgeous. You have such a great eye for things. The gift you received is just as pretty. I do love that cup and also the little book. Your teacup cards are so perfect. That is a very nice swap.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Fab swap and all the mugs with related gifts are just wonderful!!
Love your card, with these fab cups and the acetate panel!

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful gift you received Valery, the cup is gorgeous.
Your swap is amazing, beautifully put together and the little mat and tiny ornamental teapot are gorgeous, what a lovely group to be part of, Kate x

Elizabethd said...

Your lovely card is still in my kitchen, and has been much admired!

Debbie Harris said...

Such beautiful gifts both given and received, ValeryAnne. Your little miniature tea pot is darling! Everything went together so beautifully.
Barbara sent to a lovely mug with that gorgeous rose and what a wonderful inspiring book to sit and enjoy.
Your cards are simply lovely!

Joy! Debbie

Bonnie said...

It's like Christmas! Wonderful gifts going and coming!

Margie said...

What lovely packages! I'm also admiring the pretty tea-themed cards that you made.

Cheryl said...

Oh, how lovely...both what you gave and what you received! God blessed all of us so much, didn't He? It is such a joy to see what all the dear ladies sent and were given. Thank you for your sweet visit to my blog. God bless you!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very delightful idea.
Love the wonderful items sent to spain, and the wonderful items you received from Cornwall.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what an awesome, beautiful project, a wonderful keepsake, superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Creations By Cindy said...

Wasn't this exchange so much fun? I have enjoyed it so. Love all of your sweet treasures. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Skyeler said...

Everything is so pretty and pink and lovely. Your mug especially is quite beautiful.

Erika said...

What a super idea Mrs A. Love what you sent and what you received.

Hugs Erika. x

Darnell said...

Sometimes the best thing one can say is a simple "WOW" in 90-point font!! What an amazing swap, Mrs. A.! Thank you for sharing! I hope you were a scallywag like normal and you had a blast at NEC! Since I don't get your news, you'll have to give me the deets of any arrests that took place!! Hugs, Darnell

Zue said...

What a lovely challenge...you sent off a beautiful collection and got a lovely one in return.
Xxx

Anonymous said...

Both packages are so pretty and fun. :) And the card you sent off was very, very pretty!

Evita said...

Thank you Valery Anne, I love my mug!!! and all the gifts you sent me.

I apologize for writing so late, November has been a month of chaos.

A big hug,

Eva B.