Wednesday, June 07, 2017

In Ever Decreasing Circles

Just Time to show one last card  for the Butterfly Challenge.

#79 Butterflies + L is for Lots  of Layers and/or the colour Cream.

Challenge runs until 13th June.

This is my inspiration for you. I saw Jennifer Mcguire make a card using Stacked Die Cutting on her blog last month  and you can follow the video here. I thought it fitted my lots of layers perfectly.

I have used my Sizzix Scallop circles as my die shape.  Cut from 4 different coloured pieces of cardstock picking the colours from the image which is by Hunkdory from their 'Little Book of Butterflies.'  I cut the image down to fit behind the last circle. The sentiment is cut in 3 of the colours using a die from Crafter's Companion and glued together very slightly off each other to give the shadow effect. I have adhered the front to a piece of dark brown cardstock to make the base card.  The extra butterfly was in my stash 


21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful layered card my friend, I may actually have time to make one this challenge who knows...but will try.xx[aNNie]

Aquarius said...

Another great inspiration. I see the layers are stacked 'inwards' I think so I'm off to check out the video

brenda said...

A very striking card with the layered circles Valery.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Such a creative idea and such a pretty card x

Barb said...

A really lovely card and the scalloped circles work really well layered up. Barbxx

Brenda in IN said...

I love the stacked reverse layers of this. Great card and beautiful butterfly. Your papers are always so gorgeous.

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card I love the design and the butterfly is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KandA said...

Gorgeous card and a great design with all the layers. Keep meaning to try something like that myself but never seem to get round to it so thanks for the reminder xx

Cara said...

I love the muted colours in this project, just gorgeous x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Valery, lovely colours, Kate x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card, love those butterflies and paper colors!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Kathleen said...

The die cut circles look really great, so do the papers.

Kath x

Liz said...

Super card, Mrs A. I love how you've layered the circles, very effective. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So elegant and gorgous card! Love the buìutteerflies in the center of the decreasing diecut framess! Beautful topper!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love it Mrs A. Layering can go so many different ways can't it? Variety plus!!! Love your colours too
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very brilliant card and all those lovely layers inverted layers are beautiful.
Super butterfly also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Amanda said...

lovely card, I like how the colouring seems to fade away as you look at the striking main image xx amanda

Sandra H said...

Wow Mrs A yet again you are showing your talents this card is gorgeous love the layers too! hope you enjoy your day xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Valery, love the scalloped circles and the way you've put it altogether on this card.

Sue xx

Di said...

Great card, love those stacked layers.

Hugs

Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Love the stacked dies on this card.